I also stitched in a knot down low on the tree trunk. The unusual fabric to the right of the tree lent itself well to being a lily pad just perfect for my frog.
I drew inspiration from a different block that another stitcher had finished for Nicki and stitched the cattails on the burgundy seam. I used beads to create the cattail heads. A little gold bird charm completed this section perfectly. Using purple silk ribbon I created a seam treatment of purple irises at the top of the block.
Below the overhanging limbs I added a seam treatment using purple seed beads and burgundy pearl cotton thread. I stitched some grass on the bottom of the block and inserted some purple flowers with silk ribbon. The turtle charm completed this area.
I hope Nicki likes her block when she sees it in person. Now on to some Snowball Blocks and a couple of 6 inch blocks that I am swapping with others. :)
I am on a roll -- finally!!!